Salient points of speech of Hon'ble BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda while interacting with prominent industrialists in Madurai, Tamil Nadu
● It is a matter of immense pleasure for me to be here in this historical and spiritual land, Madurai. Tamil Nadu is a land of Art & Culture. Tamil being one of the oldest languages, it has given direction not only to India and this land of Tamil Nadu, but to the entire world.
● Our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has always cared about the people of Tamil Nadu. As he said, Tamil language is eternal and Tamil culture is global. Shri Narendra Modi govt is fully committed to further popularizing the Tamil language and culture.
● Under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi ji, our policies have been pro-poor, pro-farmer, pro-women, pro-infrastructure and pro-industries. The development under the Shri Narendra Modi government has taken place holistically.
● India is the fastest growing economy in the world because of right policy interventions and diligent implementation by PM Narendra Modi Ji. We have empowered women and imparted skills to the youth.
● Approx 32,000 needless compliances have been removed in the last 8 years to facilitate better industry performance. India has recorded the highest ever annual FDI inflow of USD 83.57 billion in the Financial Year 2021-22. In 2014-2015, FDI inflow in India stood at mere 45.15 USD billion overtaking last year’s FDI by USD 1.60 billion despite Russia-Ukraine war and COVID-19 pandemic. India’s FDI inflows have increased 20-fold since FY03-04, when the inflows were USD 4.3 billion only.
● GST has removed hindrances and economic barriers; there used to be a line of trucks waiting for 5 hours before GST was introduced and this is no longer the case now. Pre-GST taxation used to be 23%; now it has reduced to 18%. Share of the manufacturing in the MSME sector has increased many times.
● More than 75% MSMEs have benefited from Make in India initiatives of the Government according to the World Bank's findings. Indian pharma exports witnessed a growth of 103% since 2013-14, from Rs. 90, 415 Crores in 2013-14 to Rs.1,83,422 Crores in 2021-22. This is the Pharma Sector’ best export performance ever. It is a remarkable growth with exports growing by almost USD 10 billion in 8 years.
● It has found that the extreme poverty level in India is below 1% now. India’s extreme poverty has declined by 12.3% in 2019 from 2011, the World Bank has found.
● Rs.2.4 lakh crores worth of investments are expected from Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme offered by our Government. Approx Rs.550 crores allotted for international airport construction and its expansion. The state government has only partially given required land.
● Madurai Textiles park completed with a budget of Rs.78 crores. Approx Rs.350 crores has been given for the Smart City project, Madurai. Betel leaf from Madurai got GI tag. Many other sectors like textiles have high potential for growth in Madurai and our Government will do everything to help these sectors.
● Under Swacchh Bharat Abhiyan, 11 crore toilets have been constructed across the country. Similarly under Ujjwala scheme, 9 crore LPG connections have been given. Under Self Help Groups scheme, a no. of loans given for women enterprises.
● Earlier, National Highways were constructed only for 12 kms per day on an average, now increased to average 30 kms per day. Under PM Narendra Modi, India is making rapid strides.
● Covid-19 was a test for all world leaders and PM Narendra Modi managed it in the most successful manner by ramping up production of medical kits, health infrastructure and we have even exported medicines and kits to 100 countries.
● It took TB, Tetanus, Pulse polio, vaccines over 25 years to reach India and for Covid, within 9 months of first Covid case two vaccines were invented due to Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji’s efforts. More than 217 crore doses of Covid vaccines given so far and this is acting as a safety cover for us. This is an "India that Gives" and "Not India that Takes".
● India has evacuated safely more than an estimated 20,000 Indian nationals from Ukraine amidst the Russia-Ukraine. India is able to evacuate its citizens out of war–torn Ukraine through “Operation Ganga” is proof of the country’s increasing influence around the globe under the leadership of Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji.
● India’s merchandise exports touched a record $418 billion in 2021-22, exceeding the government’s target by about 5% and recording a 40% growth over the previous year. India has exported $418 billion for the first time in its history. India exported $250 billion worth of services in 2021-22, a new record too. That puts total exports from India at almost $670 billion in 2021-22, a number that is sure to put India among the top 10 exporters in the world by value.
To Write Comment Please Login