Salient points of speech of Hon'ble BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda at the inauguration ceremony of SVNirtar Annex and Chikitsa Park in Cuttack, Odisha
● Under the leadership and guidance of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji the Bharatiya Janata Party government is consistently working for the welfare and wellbeing of our Divyangs (differently abled people). The inauguration of the building of the Swami Vivekananda National Institute of Rehabilitation, Training and Research Hospital is a very important step in this direction.
● I pray to God that no one should be affected by any kind of disability. But if someone is differently abled, it is right to get proper treatment and care. It is also our responsibility and commitment to give proper care and treatment besides providing them all facilities and opportunities so that Divyangs can live their lives with dignity and honour. We are highly committed to protect the rights of Divyangs and provide them with the best of the facilities so that they can live their lives with ease, convenience and dignity.
● Under the leadership and guidance of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji India's health and medical system has been increasing and improving very fast. In 2017 the National Health Policy was unveiled which has paved the way for holistic and fast changes and development in our health and medical infrastructure.
● In previous governments, the approach was to provide medical care only when a person used to fall sick. But the Narendra Modi Government has changed the focus to preventive, promotive, curative, palliative, rehabilitative and cross referral which has completely changed our approach towards health and wellness.
● Earlier it used to take years for vaccines to reach India, but when the Corona pandemic happened under the dynamic and decisive leadership of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji India was able to develop two Made in India world-class Corona vaccines within 9 months. Under the leadership of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji India carried out the world's largest and fastest vaccination programme. Shri Modi ji also helped over 100 countries by giving them life-saving vaccines.
● The Narendra Modi Government is currently constructing around 1.50 lakh health and wellness centres across the country. Ayushman Bharat Yojna has proved to be a sanjivani, a life saver, for crores of sick and poor families across the country who are getting free medical insurance coverage.
● The Narendra Modi Government has done a remarkable job in improving medical education infrastructure across the country. There has been a 50% increase in the number of medical colleges while the number of undergraduate medical seats has also been increased by over 75% . Our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has opened 15 new AIIMS in the past 8 years. During the Congress party rule just one AIIMS came up, while during the 10 years of UPA government not a single AIIMS was opened.
● In Odisha also the Narendra Modi Government has opened 6 medical Colleges and 3 super speciality blocks in the state.
● The use of the word Divyang ("differently abled") gives the message of compassion and humanity to our society. Earlier there were just 7 categories in Divyang, but now the government has made 21 different categories. Earlier governments neither cared for them nor did they do anything for our Divyangs. That is why they never increased the categories of Divyangs .
● Special arrangements are being made at all public places like railway stations, hospitals, airports, bus stations etc for the differently abled persons. The Narendra Modi Government is continuously working hard and implementing special programmes and policies to bring our Divyangs to the national mainstream.
● I also thank all the doctors, medical and paramedical staff for their service to the nation and humanity. They just serve the sick and needy people without caring for their own health. The entire nation has seen the dedication and commitment of our doctors and health professionals for their great service to the people and the nation during the Corona pandemic.
● Through the pulse polio campaign we have got the country free of polio. I thank and congratulate all the health workers who were engaged in the pulse polio campaign and successfully achieved this important feat.
● Now we have resolved to end Tuberculosis from the country. Under the leadership and guidance of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji India will become Tuberculosis free country by 2025.
To Write Comment Please Login