Salient points of speech of Hon'ble National President Shri JP Nadda Ji at the public meeting in Karaikudi, Sivaganga District (Tamil Nadu)
● The huge gathering today gives a clear message that the BJP has a great future in Tamil Nadu. Lotus is going to blossom under the leadership and guidance of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. India is developing fast under dynamic leadership of Shri Modi ji and today we have the fastest growth in the world.
● Tamil Nadu is a holy land. It is the land of great warriors, particularly Maruthu brothers. Tamil culture is one of the oldest cultures, it is the land of wisdom, art culture and great history. It is a matter of great honour for all of us that our Honourable Prime Minister had quoted the great Tamil poet Pungundranar in his historic address in the UN General Assembly. Tamil Nadu's great culture and literature has been acknowledged across the world.
● Today BJP is the only ideology -based party that is left in the country today. BJP is the nationalist party that takes care of the regional aspirations. Today we are not fighting any iolodgy based party, but the regional parties which are purely family-based and dynasty based parties. From Jammu and Kashmir to Tamil Nadu we see this problem. From National Conference to Samajwadi Party, Trinamool Congress, YSRCP, TRS to DMK - all are family based parties where the kith and kins rule and workers just do the clapping. These parties make no contributions either to the state or to the nation.
● In Tamil Nadu DMK has no courage to talk of development. In DMK, D means Dynasty, M means money swindling and K means Katta panchayat. This is the truth of DMK. They just talk about regionalism, but it is the BJP which has taken care of the regional aspirations of the people of Tamil Nadu. BJP has made valuable contributions in promoting and preserving the rich culture, arts and literature of Tamil Nadu. What is the contribution of DMK? DMK just believes in the politics of hate. DMK divides the society. DMK believes in division and has no vision for the state. DMK's ideology is just to cling to the chair, while for BJP power means a medium to serve the people of the country. DMK is opposing National Education Policy without knowing that it promotes regional languages. I urge the people of Tamil Nadu that the time has come to get rid of DMK. It is time for the BJP to serve the people of Tamil Nadu. Time has come for the lotus to bloom in Tamil Nadu.
● Under the effective and decisive leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi we have successfully tackled the Corona pandemic. This is the reason that today we see people sitting together without masks. It has happened because the Narendra Modi government has so far administered over 217 crore Corona vaccine doses including booster doses to the people across India and that too free of cost.
● India has also served the global community by giving over 25 crore Corona vaccines to over 100 countries where 48 countries were given the Corona vaccines free of cost . India has emerged across the world not as a "taker country" but as a "giver country". This is the stature that India has achieved under the dynamic and decisive leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji.
● Under the Narendra Modi government all the sectors of our economy have grown fast due to important policy initiatives. Our agriculture budget has increased 5 times. In 2014 our agriculture budget was Rs 27,000 crores which has now gone up to over Rs. 1.30 lakh crores. Similarly, India has taken the lead in arms exports. India used to import arms but now we are exporting it. India has increased its arms exports over 6 times in more than 8 years of the Narendra Modi government. Our arms exports used to be just Rs 1500 crores but today we are exporting arms worth over Rs.84,000 crores.
● While the world is facing an economic slowdown, India has maintained its good pace of growth. Our GDP in the last quarter increased by an impressive 13.5%, while our exports have shown a remarkable growth of over 17% and merchandise exports have grown by over Rs 31 lakh crores. The BJP government under our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has also performed exceptionally well in the social sectors.
● The DMK and the Congress never took care of the regional aspirations of the people, but Shri Modi ji recently cleared the Narikuravans inclusion as ST community, while 7 other communities have been given the ST status, thus restoring their honour and respect. This proves that the BJP is the true nationalist party with regional aspirations.
● On the infrastructure development front, our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has taken special care of Tamil Nadu. A total of Rs 14870 croes is being spent on development of the 262 km long Chennai-Bangalore expressway, while a massive port road development project in Chennai port worth Rs 5850 crores is also under progress. A total of 5 railway stations are being redeveloped to world class level with a cost of over Rs 1800 crore, while under the PM Awas Yojna, 1152 houses worth Rs 116 crore are being built. A defence corridor touching 5 cities of Tamil Nadu is also coming up. Tamil Nadu is the only state along with Uttar Pradesh which has got the prestigious defence corridor project from the Narendra Modi government. Shri Modi ji has given 11 medical colleges to Tamil Nadu while over Rs.50,000 crore is being spent on various oil and gas projects. A total of Rs 2.2 lakh crores have been allocated for the development of ports and roads in Tamil Nadu. Another Rs 13700 crore is being provided for the development of the East Coast Road.
● Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji loves Indian culture and history and is committed to restore its glory. A total of 10 antiques which were taken from Tamil Nadu have been brought back from Australia while another 228 heritage objects belonging to Tamil Nadu have also been retrieved from foreign countries. A budget of Rs 3961 crore has been sanctioned for the Centre for Classical Tamil by the Narendra Modi government. The BJP government under the dynamic leadership of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji is taking good care of Tamil Nadu and needs of the people of the state. In Tamil Nadu the development works of our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi speaks.
● Tamil Nadu has also benefited from various revolutionary schemes started by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. For instance, under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, out of 12 crore farmers benefited from across the country which include 46.6 lakh from Tamil Nadu, while 100 % soil health cards have been provided in the state. Over 14 lakh houses have been constructed under the PM Awas Yojna. Similarly, 55 lakh toilets have been constructed across the state under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, while 46 new piped water connections have been given under the Jal Jivan Mission. Under the Gareeb Kalyan Anna Yojna, over 3 crore beneficiaries in Tamil Nadu are getting 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg pulses every month.
Those present at the meeting included BJP Tamil Nadu state president Shri K Annamalai ji, Union Minister of State Shri L Murugan ji, Leader in Vidhan Sabha Nagendra ji, BJP National General Secretary and Tamil Nadu in -charge CT Ravi ji, co-in charge Shri Sudhakar Reddy ji and other senior leaders of the party.
To Write Comment Please Login