Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
REFLECTIONS : Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- The Purpose of my life: To play my part sincerely in every aspect of my life. And to see India take its place as a great nation.
- My happiest moment : Yet to come... uptill now, the occassion when I delivered a speech in Hindi at the United Nations General Assembly.
- My saddest moment : When I lost my father.
- My closest friends : L.K. Advani, Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, N.M. Ghatate, Jaswant Singh, Dr Mukund Modi.
- My favourite clothes : 'Dhoti Kurta'... occasionally a 'Pathani' Suit.
- My favourite colour : Blue.
- My favourite places : Manali, Almora and Mount Abu.
- My favourite food : Fish and Chinese Cuisine. 'Khichdi', 'Kheer' and 'Malpua' .
- My favourite eating joints in Delhi : 'Paranthewali Gali', 'Sagar' and 'Chungwa'.
- My favourite singers and instrumentalists : Bhimsen Joshi(Vocalist), Amjad Ali Khan (Sarod Maestro) and Hari Prasad Chaurasia (Flautist).
- My favourite songs : "Ore Maanjhi" rendered by S.D. Burman...and "Kabhi Kabhi mere Dil Mein" by Mukesh\Lata Mangeshkar.
- My favourite singers : Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh and Mohammad Rafi.
- My favourite films (Hindi) : 'Devdas', 'Bandini' & 'Teesri Kasam'.
- My favourite film (English) : 'Bridge Over River Kwai', 'Born Free' and 'Gandhi'.
- My favourite poets : Surykanth Tripathi Nirala, Bal Krishna Sharma Naveen, Jagannath Prasad Milind in Hindi and Faiz Ahmad Faiz in Urdu.
- My favourite sports : Hockey and Football.