Election Management Committee
Tasks for Lok Sabha Elections:
1. Complete the formation of the following committees immediately in all states, if not already done.
i) State Election Committee
ii) State Election Management Committee
iii) Publicity Committee
iv) Resource Mobilization Committee
v) Media Management Committee
vi) Tours and Travels Committee
vii) Legal Committee for Election related work
iii) Data Collection Committee
2. Setup the above said committees, which are relevant, even at the district and constituency level.
3. Setup election Control Room in every State capital and regional centre.
4. Nominate senior party functionary who is not contesting elections as a Prabhari for each Lok Sabha / Assembly Constituency.
5. Identify relevant state level issues to form part of the national campaign.
6. Media room for each district and constituency.
7. Complete for formation of Chunav Sahayak Abhiyan groups by the end of October.
8. Complete the formation of booth level committees and then hold Sammelans at Lok Sabha and Assembly constituency level. This programme should be completed by the end of October and November onwards Lok Sabha level sammelans should be held on large scale by inviting national leaders.
9. Start the process of identification of candidates at the earliest by holding extensive consultations with the local party functionaries and prominent people of the society.
10. Evolve a mechanism to ascertain the views of mandal, constituency and district party cadres.
11. Identify suitable women candidates as we need to give adequate representation to women.
12. Chunav Sahaya Nidhi (Fund raising programme) - target to be given to each Lok Sabha, assembly and district to collect election funds from the party workers, sympathisers and general public and the same may be presented to the party through a function. The Money collected will be spent in the respective constituency and district only.
13. Election related literature prepared by the central office should be printed and widely circulated along with the literature published by the State unit and launch massive campaign and frontal attack on the failures of the UPA government both on national issues and issues specific in the state.
14. Pratham Matdata Samman Abhiyan (felicitation of first time voters) - reaching out the young and asking them for thier to support in the crucial task of making India a stronger nation. It should be done collectively by the Party and the Yuva Morcha. Mahila Morcha to be actively involved in reaching out first time women voters.
15. Wherever we have alliances and in states where we are likely to have new alliances, special efforts should be made to invite prominent leaders of those parties to participate in our programmes.
16. Keep good contact with the non-political nationalist organizations.
17. In BJP ruled states, the party cadres and the people in the government should intensify mass contact programmes, redress grievances of the party cadres and public, review the promises made and implementation of the schemes, and ensure speedy completion of the ongoing schemes. Effective communication of the good work done and publicity in a massive and effective should be taken up.
18. Highlight the issues concerning the common man and national security like corruption, price rise, agriculture crisis, farmer's suicides, threat to food security, growing terrorism, soft attitude of the Union Government, and divisive politics (vote bank politics).
19. Project our leader, Shri Advaniji and our symbol, Lotus : Highlight the personality of our leader Shri Advaniji in every nook and corner of the country. His unparalleled record of over 60 years of dedicated service to the nation; his struggles and contributions in defense of democracy; his spirited espousal of Cultural Nationalism and the campaign against Pseudo-Secularism; his remarkable parliamentary career; his role in building the Party (both in the Jana Sangh and BJP eras); his long and unmatched comradeship with Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee based on mutual trust; his role in the NDA government as Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister; his consistent advocacy of Good Governance, Development and Security as the guiding principles of a future BJP-led government; and, above all, his selflessness and commitment – all these should be properly projected in order to convince the people that he is the right person to lead India after the next parliamentary elections. Shri Advaniji is the ray of hope for the country who can assure the safety and security for the countrymen, unity and integrity of the country and providing a golden future and prosperity for India.
20. The Party units need to take up massive campaign and frontal attack on the Congress-led UPA in the coming months as a prelude to the elections.